2015 is here! Carl Palmer's ELP Legacy has already finished the UK Classic Legends of Rock & Folk 'Super Tour' 2015 also featuring Martin Turner (of Wishbone Ash) & The Strawbs. Next up, European shows of the ELP Legacy.
This page will document Carl and his band'a activities throughout the year including comments from Carl's fans.
Looking forward to another great year!
Happy Birthday Carl! I hope you have a safe and great birthday! I will be taking a drum lesson this evening in your absolute honor with Roy McCurdy from the Cannonball Adderley group to go over some Philly Joe Jones licks! :) I thank you so much for the joy and inspiration. Hearing and seeing you always makes me want to practice and play! Again, a very Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteSincerely,
Mark Vasapolli
Burbank,CA
happy birthday carl
ReplyDeleteThe show in Englewood, Florida (what an unlikely venue) was nothing short of flawless and amazing. It was like watching Gene Krupa being channeled. Hope I can make it to your upcoming show in Largo.
ReplyDeleteHi Carl, Paul, Simon and Bruce- See you all tomorrow in Franklin, TN- Whoo Hooo- Legacy Tour is back !!! I'm driving in from Dallas. See you there !!!
ReplyDeleteRegards,
Tony "Tones" Giambri
I saw you do Brain Salad Surgery circa '74 in Richmond ,Virginia and then I saw you in Dallas with Asia 2014. You are still the bar.
ReplyDeleteHi Carl ---- in a cheap deal I discovered that bought a REMO Master Edge just like your ---- I'm very happy about it - keep drumming man - I LOVE YOU MAN - www.tuliofuzato.com.br
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHello to Carl and his band. I have tickets to see you in Sugarloaf, NY. Looking forward to it. Am an old time fan from the 70's
ReplyDeleteSaw you in Sugar Loaf. Incredible musicians and a show I will never forget. Carl is one of the best drummers to ever play and proves it every time he sits behind his set.
ReplyDeleteHe is an inspiration to both young and old, and if you ever have the opportunity to see him, RUN to get tickets. You will not be disappointed.
Carl, thank you so much for coming to Newberry, SC.! You and your bandmates were brilliant! Had a wonderful evening. Hope you can can come back in the near future!
ReplyDeleteThe first time I heard you was when I was 13. My Uncle told me that since I wanted to learn to play the drums that I needed to listen to a "drummer's drummer". I fell in love instantly. 21 years later I got to see you live. I was AMAZED and sat in awe. The show was amazing. You have to be the hardest working drummer I have ever seen. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteI posted photos of my 1974 Slingerland tympani and 30" Paiste gong on your twitter. At age5 hoedown wad the first song I ever played. You were my mentor and teacher. Thank you for inspiring me sincerely..Chuck Hill @1 psychodrummer on twitter.
ReplyDeleteThe passing of such a great and inspirational musician is crushing. Many musical lives were change by the staggering talent and vision of the legend he was born to be. May your energy transition to the next space with Love and Peace. Thank you forever!
ReplyDeleteSuicide is a lonely end. What a horrible end to a brilliant career. He must have felt so alone after all those years of being loved by all his fans. A lonely end, suicide is between you and your thoughts,, I'm upset that Keith didn't have one friend to step in between the two...I understand depression, oh God do I,, but I wish I knew Keith, maybe I could have made a difference...
ReplyDeleteHow sad that Keith has gone, especially in the manner of his passing. He did indeed bring the concept of lead keyboards without guitars to the public mind, though it should not be forgotten that the concept began with Billy Ritchie of Clouds, when, as 1-2-3, Keith and others such as David Bowie (who became great friends with Ritchie, describing him in recent years as "a genius"), witnessed the band on stage at the Marquee in London in early 1967. Also in the audience during that 'legendary' Marquee residency, were the future members of Yes, King Crimson, and many others who became the future of Rock. Nevertheless, it was Keith who went out there and sold the concept to a wider audience, furthermore, it should also not be forgotten that Keith was a true pioneer of the synthesiser, the fine work he did in bringing that to the fore is often forgotten. He should be celebrated as well as mourned. RIP Keith.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Carl. 2016. Hope to see you on tour soon. Be good to yourself. From your fan and (wannabe) drummer,Scott
ReplyDeleteCheers! PS: Condolences & prayers.
Happy Birthday ��
ReplyDeleteFirst time on here. What I want to say is a heartfelt Happy Birthday from Canada. Visit us sometime again soon.
ReplyDeleteHi Carl, Happy Super belated Birthday and many many more!!
ReplyDelete"Welcome back My Friends"... Carl, Paul and Simon- Carl Palmer Band- ELP Legacy. See you guys in Dallas, TX. Thanks for your great upcoming Tribute to our Dearly Departed Musical Icon- Keith Emerson; I wish I could be at that Miami Show. God Bless Keith and we're thinking and Praying for all in the Family, Friends and Musician Circles. Keith will be missed but NEVER forgotten. See you soon and Best Regards, Tones.
Carl I would love to hear a cover and your interpretation of Iron Butterfly-In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida-1968 It is one of my fav. songs and you are the best drummer.
ReplyDeleteHello Mr. Palmer,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for creating this tribute tour. Keith was a transcendental innovator and someone who thought out of the box. Please note in all this that you yourself are an incredibly inspiring human being with both music and martial arts. My wife Lori and I will be in your audience on Wednesday in Hamilton CANADA. Stay strong and continued good health to you and your family.
Love and thanks,
Sandy Nemecek
Toronto,
CANADA
Fantastic show at the Boulton Center, Bay Shore, NY last night...I loved it! "Freaking Amazing" indeed!:)
ReplyDeletei just want to thank you for a wonderful show in bayshore last night.i was on you tube and found a girl named rachel flowers playing keiths music brillantly.would you ever consider inviting her to play with you on tour?heres the kicker,she is blind but is a musical genius in my eyes.
ReplyDeleteThank you Carl for the most amazing show last night in such a small intimate setting in Lexington, MI. I could write volumes on how you and your music has positively influenced me...forever. Been a fan for decades, but last night, in one word...WOW
ReplyDeleteCarl, I attended your show last night at the Canyon Club in Agoura Hills, CA. Powerful, electric and energizing! Thank you for being a lifelong musical inspiration. Loved the ELP stories! You are a gifted soul. Thanks for sigs on my Long Beach Feb '74 Brain Salad Surgery concert photos. Glad I could finally share them. Appreciate your comments, they were meaningful. Continued health and blessings to you. - Dr. Gerard Gibbons
ReplyDeleteHi Carl- Thanks so much for an unbelievable Sound Check and the practice tips you gave me and the Show from you and Simon and Paul. I think you all felt that it was a "Grand Finale" to your US 2016 Tour- Poor David's Pub in Dallas, TX- July 12, 2016. Thanks to Bruce Pilato and Don Wishon too- great Road Mgr and Dallas Promoter. Words can't describe the evening, so I just wanted to say Thank you from the bottom of my Heart, Mind, Soul and Venus Snare Drum - lol... I'll be enjoying looking up at the Lithograph that I bought at the Merchandising stand, which is signed by you and Keith and Greg- every time I'm practicing :>) All the Best my Friend and looking forward to seeing all of you again !!!
ReplyDeleteHere's my tribute for you and Greg and Keith:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os9bHbSkK6c
"Welcome back my Friends to the Show that never ends"...
Best Regards, Tones - Dallas, TX
tonygiambri@hotmail.com
Hi Carl i am and always will be an ELP fan i must have seen you guys play 15 plus times wish i could have been @ your tribute to Keith it would be nice to do a show in New York if you can would love to see you band as i have only seen videos keep on playing you are amazing on the skins .Best Regards Charles Sanacore cdmsrocks@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteThanks for an amazing show at the Kietele Jazz Festival. Powerful stuff. Looking forward to the next time your in Finland!
ReplyDeleteDo you have plans to release "Live In The USA" on your site, or via digital outlets?
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the arrival of your 1st grandchild! God bless :)
ReplyDeleteDear Carl/Mr Palmer, so pleased you're still enthusiastically rocking on after 50 years. Although I'm no musician, I do appreciate music and I've been a great fan of yours and of all the groups you've been part of, from Atomic Rooster to ELP and Asia, and last but not least your present group. Thanks to my extraordinary music teacher I learnt as a kid to appreciate classical music , Moussorski, Bach, Mozart, Dvorjak (excuse the spelling) etc so when ELP was formed I found my ideal group and the revisitation of Pictures or other classical pieces was just my cup of tea! There is no group I've loved and respected in my life more than ELP ( but I am very keen on Traffic and Syd Barrett's Floyd back in 1965-68) You certainly can't remember me but we were introduced by a common friend, Chris in Milan in 1973 I was 17 at the time. The show at the Vigorelli was finally postponed because of the weather, so we went to the restaurant instead; besides, Mr Lake fell down with flu So the concert was- much to my regret - postponed to the following week.
ReplyDeleteI finally saw ELP on stage in Bologna. It would be lovely to see you play in this country again soon and say 'hello ' to you once again. In any case I love the music you are playing at present and though I'm no expert, I still find your techique extraordinary. My favourite instrument is the piano but you made me love the drums and I'm very grateful to you as I've tried all my life to widen my horizons. Your solos and your sense of rhythm have always been the best. So, sorry I wrote too long. I'll probably come to your concert in Munich in April 2017 but I hope to see you in Italy too. All the best.
Mrs Grazia Guerrini Voak, a veteran fan. guerrini.grazia@alice.it
much sadness about Greg and Keith. I am glad that you are still with us. I can't wait to get out and see the ELP Experience next year. I missed the New Hope Show and hope that you come back to Eastern PA again. I am a drummer that has always admired you. I practice to some of the ELP songs and I realize how great you really are. Thank you for making my teenage years even more fun!
ReplyDeleteArt Randolph NJ
thewizardsprogshow@gmail.com
Carl. Watched you in Scottsdale AZ one year ago. You were amazing as ever. Regards, thoughts and prayers with you with the passing of Greg. RIP.
ReplyDeleteSo sad to hear of Greg's passing. But the music lives on and on, the show never ends
ReplyDeleteThank you, all three of you, for what you've contributed to my life. There will never be a super group as super as ELP. Poor Keith, and now Greg. I only hope you are in good health, Carl.
ReplyDeleteSorry you lost your mates, Mr. Palmer. May both Greg and Keith rest in peace!
ReplyDeleteI have been thinking of you, Carl, since Greg has now passed. This must be a strange and difficult time for you, for many reasons. My thoughts are with you as well as all of the other respective people who are in Greg's life.
ReplyDeleteScott MacBride, Canada
Dear Carl Palmer, Just today I learned that Greg Lake has left us, as Keith Emerson did in March. Then I found your website and saw that you have lost others this year that were also dear to you. A long time ago, a friend lent me your Works album. Closer to Believing and the Piano Concerto affected my life as no other music ever has, inspiring me to attempt great things. I didn't get very far, but because of your music, for a short, magical time I felt like I had wings and could fly. A few days after Keith Emerson's passing, a song about him came to me while playing guitar. As I have no technical skills, I don't know how to send you the music, but I send you the words hoping you may find some comfort in them, however small. What may be most comforting to you is knowing how you have moved people's hearts. I think many folks touch a few lives, but only a few touch many lives. And in spite of all you have lived through this year, I pray you will still have a Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteKeith Klapmeyer - El Paso, Tx.
ekedsi@gmail.com
Farewell Noel
Farewell Noel, Godspeed Noel
In a dream I heard him say...
If I ever made you smile when I played
It was all worthwhile
If I made you dream of the spotlight's beam
It was all worthwhile
Thank you Noel for the love of a friend
Thank you for the show that never ends
He said
If I made you see a glimpse of eternity
It was all worthwhile
If I made you feel fantasy is more than real
It was all worthwhile
Thank you Noel and I hope that you know
What you mean to us here below
He said
If you remember me, remember how I used to be
And pray for peace upon my soul
Maybe we'll meet again, keep the faith until then
And don't forget this rock that rolled.
Lai, lai, dai, lai, dai, dai,
Lai, lai, dai, lai, dai, dai,
It was all worthwhile
Farewell Noel, Godspeed Noel
This is Christmas time, almost 2016 end
ReplyDeleteThis year has been a bad year for musicians, some of the most important musicians left us.
No one knows when "our time" arrives. I am a 60 year old granfather, that know your music since Rooster. Since 1970 (with 13) I have"ELP", "Tarkus" and "Pictures at an...", since that time.
As an old old friend of mine who also is a musician , former member of one of the most important portuguese rock bands from the early 80's says, w"e are all in a life line.
This year we lost Keith Emerson, and lately Greg Lake, this means 2/3 ou ELP (and also Cozy Powell has left). It remains 4 days till the end of they, so I order you that you are forbidden to die.
Long and healthy life Mr. Palmer (Carl).
I wish you a fabulous 2017.
from Califorina JAM 1970;s with take a pebble...to Celia Vie to ...Tarkus.. I saw you in Buffalo NY in 1977...and heard of your 64 piece Orchrestra in 1977....[almost backrupcy]with greg, carl, keith...welcome back my freinds..to show never ends....you are the final frontier..with never ending Music...stephen becker -atlanta on facebook..
ReplyDeletefrom take a pebble to lucky man to getting a seat in 1977 in works volume 1 and listening. to Ca la vie to ...take a pebble...works volume 2 ..to californna Jam in 1970's I loved the 64 piece orcharestras; while it lasted....stephen becker -atlanta
ReplyDeletefrom Califorina JAM 1970;s with take a pebble...to Celia Vie to ...Tarkus.. I saw you in Buffalo NY in 1977...and heard of your 64 piece Orchrestra in 1977....[almost backrupcy]with greg, carl, keith...welcome back my freinds..to show never ends....you are the final frontier..with never ending Music...stephen becker -atlanta on facebook..
ReplyDeleteThis having to say good bye to loved ones must be getting old for you...My condolences to you and your Asia bandmates on John's passing. Love to you all <3
ReplyDeleteHi Carl !
ReplyDeleteHave you noticed, that your old band "Atomic Rooster" did a reunion !? Here is a link :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L71h5rWp-5c
Wouldn't it be fun to play with them again ?
Thanks for all the music - have a good time this year !
Greetings Mr. Palmer:
ReplyDeleteI hope my salutation wasn't TOO stuffy. I was listening to a song from Castlevania when I heard Festival of Servants by Michiru Yamane - it's a fast-paced composition, with drumming that reminded me of your style - although I think you could play it better.
All for now,
Merrill Milner
Thank you for the information. This is well written and gives a lot of value for people who are looking to learn.
ReplyDeleteGATE Result 2017
Saw Carl in Melbourne FL last night, my 5th time seeing him perform (3X with ELP). Simply AMAZING after all these years! Wow'ed the crowd..
ReplyDeleteI'm not saying I'm a mega-fan, but I will add my son's name? PALMER..
Great guy too- he gladly let us take a photo and signed my ELP album..
Thank you for the fine show in little Hayward Wisconsin.Such a pleasure to see you again, playing with great skill and backed by 2 extrordinary guitarists. Very tight playing.A fine tribute to Keith and Greg and a very enjoyable musical evening. God speed.
ReplyDeleteKing Center show in Melbourne Fl was off the charts... Simon and Paul are absolutley amazing... Carl STUPENDOUS!!!!!!! It is so much fun mentally and musically.. Have seen this band 4 times now.. just keep getting better and better... THANK YOU
ReplyDeleteReally looking forward to seeing you in Brooklyn this Friday night. I was just a lad of 15 the first time I saw ELP in 1972 - Trilogy tour - Tanglewood Mass USA. Next time was Brain Salad Surgery in NYC, you had a slightly bigger drum kit and blew the audience away - Toccata, wow. I was lucky enough to see Works with the full orchestra and Keith spinning around on the grand at Madison Square Garden. Caught some of the reunion tours. Always impressive, always great. I'll be in the second row on the isle to your right this Friday night, the big guy with the beard, cheering you on. Thank you for the show that never ends. Thank you.
ReplyDeletehad an opportunity to see carl perform @ pnc arts in nj last nite. although there is a nostalgic desire to relive our collective youth by seeing & hearing our aging rock "Gods", i agonize about the potential for seeing one unable to hit a note or even walk comfortably on stage. NOT the case with palmer, rungren & YES! SUPERB! seeing & hearing CARL PALMER was a pilgrimage. had to pay homage to the only surviving member of ELP. Carl was electric, and graciously spoke about his bandmates & allowed fans to get pics with him. ONLY regret - his set was a mere 30 mins. look forward to seeing this talented & iconic rocker again soon.
ReplyDeleteTotally blown away by your performance in Greensburg, PA last evening. I was the national sales manager at Moog Music Inc and later Norlin Music and got to meet you, Carl and of course Keith several times in the early 1970's.
ReplyDeleteThank You - I could not believe your strength in your closing drum solo nor could I believe how your guitarist and bass could cover Keith and Greg's synthesizer and vocal parts.
Still stunned.
Tom Lamb
Saw Palmer at Balboa Theater San Diego 8.28.17. Excellent!! Remember seeing the ELP at California Jam 1974. Great Talent. Keep up the sticks.
ReplyDeleteGary B. California,USA
Just bought my ticket for the ELP Legacy concert St. Helens 17 November, coming from Geneva Switzerland. Last time I saw Carl / ELP in Concert was April 1974 Wembley Arena, I was 16 Carl was 24
ReplyDeleteThank you for the lifeline to Keith's music and legacy. Chet, Keyboards, Virginia USA. Never forget the USA shows around 2009-10. Guitarist unbelievable.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to Carl's ELP Legacy gig in Southampton 30th November 2017. RIP Keith & Greg
ReplyDeleteSaw you at HRH November 2017, you were so full of energy what stonking gig
ReplyDeleteGreat show last night in Bend Oregon. Extraordinary musicianship. Carl is unbelievable! Simon played the Chapman stick and covered “From the Beginning” solo! Paul took Guitar taping to another level. Absolutely loved the show! Thanks Carl! All the best to you and yours
ReplyDeleteHi Carl, I met you after a show at the Count Basie Theater in Red Bank, NJ in 2006 during the reunion tour. You and Geoff Downes signed my poster and you guys were so kind and cool to me. Thank you so much for the great music with ELP and one my favorite groups, Asia. Cheers from Marietta, Georgia.
ReplyDeleteAwesome show last night in Woodbrige, NJ. Truly a memorable evening and look forward to seeing you and the guys again real soon.
ReplyDeleteHi Carl, We'll see you on 4/28 in Jacksonville, Fl. with the joint Show with Alan Parsons. Looking forward to hanging with you and the Band and Bruce again :>) Best Regards,
ReplyDeleteTony "Tones" Giambri - Dallas, TX.
Hi Carl, Thanks for a great Show and some hang time with you and Paul and Simon after the Show. I can't wait to receive your gorgeous Venus Snare Drum I bought at the Jacksonville, Fl. show on 4/28/18 :>)
ReplyDeleteSee you all at your next Tour somewhere in Time.
Best Regards to all,
Tony "Tones" Giambri - Dallas, TX.
tonygiambri@hotmail.com
So good to hear you and ELP on NPR July 19, 2018. Your cover of Fanfare for The Common Man has always been a favorite.
ReplyDeleteHi Carl .. great set at New Day yesterday. The level of musicianship from the stage was astounding and, musically, you guys wiped the floor with every other act. I was lucky enough to ELP a few times in the early seventies and it's quite something such fabulous music is still being played and enjoyed by younger fans ..thanks for years of great music :)
ReplyDeleteI worked for Manticor Records when I was 21 (in 1975) with Monty Wynn and Arta Natar. Remember meeting you once and thinking what a nice down to earth you were. I asked you if, because of the success of Pictures at an Exhibition, you would ever consider adapting Holst's Planet Suite. That would have been something! Take care. Regards Cathie.
ReplyDeleteHey Carl! Thank you, Paul and Simon for these wonderful Progressive-Rock - Evening yesterday in Dresden. It was a pleasure to hear and to meet you all.My father-in-law and I never thought that we will hear and see you so close. We tried to behave with integrity and discretion after the show. So we are sorry for these obtrusive people. They jumped the queue and they begged us to make fotos of them - thats not what gentlemen are. But you are a Gentleman - so thank you for the picture. My father in law wouldn´t make a picture because he couldn´t and he wouldn´t pressured you too. but that isn´t a problem because the music that you Paul and Simon played for us speaks louder to us!! Big thanks and grazie mille from a big old ELP - Fan and a young fan. By the way - I like your Art ;) Sincerely, Ferenc (a long stayed ELP Fan and me, Lydia (a younger progressive-music-lover and traineeteacher for Art and Spanish (sorry for my English) PS: Thanks to the italien Crew and of course Paul and Simon - they are maravillosos!! ;-)
ReplyDeleteCome to Europe, please please please.
ReplyDeleteYou are all welcome in Amsterdam!!!
Hi Carl, Have a great Tour and we'll see you on the Road again. Best Regards from your Venus Snare Drum owner- Tones- from Dallas, TX. Regards to Paul, Simon and Bruce too :>)
ReplyDeleteKarl Great Show And Art Work At The Iridium ... You Don't Need The Revolving Kit....When You're The Number 1 Drummer In The World ...Great To Meet You .... God Bless You Katie And Your Family... Have A Great Rest Of Your Tour And A Happy Healthy Holiday
ReplyDeleteBrilliant show in Edwardsville IL and an absolute clinic for the drummers in the house. Thanks again Uncle Carl. Robert Palmer
ReplyDeleteCarl - saw you two years ago in Peekskill, NY and looking forward to your next concert. Keith and Greg may be gone but ELP's music lives on in the hearts and minds of all of us who have been lucky enough to have appreciated it. Long live ELP!
ReplyDelete- Jeff G